Well this week has gone great, minimal soreness with more energy. But I seemed to have replaced that with tendonitis in my left knee. It hurts pretty much all the time, so much that I wear a knee brace to work out. It pains me to think that after all my hard work I will have to take a break and nurse my knee back to health...blah! If it isn't one thing it's always another.
On a better note, gorcery shopping landed me at $130 this week. We are getting closer!! I have even more new recipes and last weeks new ones were so delicious I even forgot I was on a diet! Well...almost...except the crazy amount of meat I am still eating. The good news is that I was able to eat out for lunch one day, had some delicious low carb foods, water and was completely satisfied. I am starting to be able to look at fast food places /fried foods and not want to eat them. I know how horrible they are and how bad bad bad they are for my body. It really helps that every meal is planned out a week in advance, no spur of the moment decisions to grab a quick bite. You have NO IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THAT IS! I can also just filter a food through my low carb/low calorie criteria and know if the answer is Yes or No, black and white.
Will I drink a soda again, or eat a Cheeseburger...you bet. Will I do it every week, NOPE.
So now who am I? That crazy health nut who scolds others for bad food choices. No! I am reinventing myself to practice what I preach. As we roll past a McDonalds, without fail I hear Kaden pipe up from the back seat "McDonalds is a treat just like Chuck-E-Cheese, because it's not good for our bodies." (or mommy's pocket book) Yes Kaden! That's right. Fun to do every once and a while but not every day. So, now I have to live that. Soda is not good for my body. Fun every once and a while but not everyday.( I am still working on this craving, 2 weeks clean and sober :) I realize it is my job to teach my kids what food is good for our bodies, and that it is yummy. And every once and a while we get a treat. I am a work in progress...
Results:
Kaden ate the low carb lasagna this week as well as broccoli, he actually ate it! They love turkey bacon too.
I have lost no weight, but Nate says my shoulders are better defined as well as my abs.
I can do these scissor things I couldn't do last week. And I no longer dread the workouts, and seem to get through them easier!
Fruit never tasted so good. I guess that is the lack of sugar from the soda my body usually gets.
Camping at Cochise Stronghold
10 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing all of this! We too have gone to turkey bacon since last week- and ground turkey instead of beef- and we all honestly like it BETTER. Funny- I've had no soda for 2 weeks also. I gotta admit- it is a struggle for me. I walk past a soda machine or the checkout aisles and am SO tempted. But I KNOW I feel better without it! I really want to run my 1st 5K in October... anyway---love hearing your journey! Great job!
Post a Comment